Application for SIJ2021 has concluded as of June 17, 2021.
Please try again next year!
SIJ2021 going ONLINE!
As of March 12th, 2021, travel restrictions by the Japanese government have been raised for foreign individuals. Unfortunately, we are unable to hold SIJ2021 on site in Oita, Japan. The 9th Summer in JAPAN will take place online — we sincerely hope the situation will improve soon.
Application deadline is April 30th, 2021 EDT!
Watch the Promo Video from SIJ 2019!
Application Deadline: March 31st, 2021 EDT
The SIJ 2021 application for students instructors from Harvard University, Stanford University and MIT will be open until April 30th, 2021.
The ONLINE program includes:
- FIVE days (2 hours each day) of curriculum preparation sessions
- SEVEN days of practical leadership experience delivering workshops in English (Computer Science, Performing Arts, and Public Speaking) for schoolchildren aged 7-18 from all over the world.
- Honorarium of 200,000 JPY (about $1850)
[*Updated* SIJ2021 ONLINE Overview]
Dates: July 27th – July 31st, 2021 JST
Time: 2 hours per day for curriculum preparation with your teaching group
Dates: August 1st – August 7th, 2021 JST
Time: 9am-2pm JST (8pm-1am EDT)
Additional activities: Workout sessions with a professional gym trainer, speech presentation events, etc.
Compensation: 200,000 JPY (about $1850)
[How to apply SIJ2021 ONLINE]
- Step 1: Complete the registration form below to obtain the SIJ 2021 Official Application Form (will be emailed back to you).
- Step 2: First Screening: send your SIJ 2021 Official Application Form together with your CV to the SIJ Committee by no later than April 30th, 2021 EDT.
- Step 3: Results will be released in a week.
- Step 4: Second Stage: each applicant will schedule an online in-person interview with Mari Hirotsuru.
- Step 5: The final results will be released by mid-May.
- Step 6: Confirm your attendance and prepare the curriculum!